There are loads of different science kits to choose from and it can be confusing which is types are ideal for your children to begin experimenting with. There are some really cool experiment kits and in this review, we have looked at 32 science that stand out as the best.
Science is awesome and with various branches of science, there is always something to learn and discover. Throughout this article, we will explore some of the best ways to encourage your children by using education science kits, which are everything from pure sciences, life sciences and the science of matter.
- Biology kits exploring the living organisms.
- Geology kits for looking into rocks and the earth core.
- Physics is the study of matter and motion, and its behavior through space and time.
- Human Biology set for focusing on the anatomy
- Oceanography for learning about the ocean and its creatures
- Robotics for those kids eager to build robots
Education and science go hand-in-hand and one without the other is a sad time for any child indeed. There are loads of ways to get your children into science and the sooner the better. One way is to have fun with scientific experiments that use hands-on learning techniques. The hands-on approach is ideally what young scientists want to do and the less theory the better, especially when they are so young.
The latest science kits come kitted with all sorts of lab equipment like utensils, beakers, test tubes, filter funnels, safety glasses and a range of devices to make the learning and experimenting exciting. One of my favorite ones is how to grow and watching how a caterpillar turns into a butterfly, which is very beautiful. With so many to choose from, one is definitely going to fit your child’s needs.
3 Years Old +
This is an open-ended box that provides loads of learning opportunities with experiences inside which are fun-filled and jam-packed.
This includes stimulating tools and creative ways to get them thinking and trying new ways to figure out problems with engaging, safe and scientific methodology.
- 24 tools, reusable use
- Easy to handle and comes with a 14 piece screw-able system
- funnels, lids, disks, tubes, test tubes and loads of handheld tools
- experiment cards for keeping track of each experiment and helps the parent guide easily
- 16 parent guide pages all-in-color and provides insight to child’s stage and progress
- 10 cards that illustrate each experiment
- Kids aged between 3 and 5 years
- Experiment, play all mixed with an observation that makes the spirit of science fun for forward-thinking parents and growing toddlers.
Ocean Science Discovery Box
Ocean science makes creative kit box sets for younger children to begin to explore the complex world around them and in this case, it is the ocean.
This is an award winning eco-friendly creative activity and although not strictly an experiment this does get their imagination thinking, which is essential for moving to the more completed aspects of science.
There is loads of concepts like “ocean motion and movement” and explores the sea ranging from; coral reefs, oil spills, jellyfish and felt sea life that could potentially get caught in a net.
- Made in the USA
- Parents choice gold award
- Designed for 3 years and older
- Combines science and art
Volcanoes Discovery Box
Green kids craft is a STEM eco-friendly science activity for promoting awareness and get them actively playing whilst learning. This is an award winning toy named by Dr Toy’s green award and won parents choice.
This involves painting, stone identification and basic geology for the young enthusiastic geologist in the making.
There are hours of play in this and with an adventure guide, they can follow step-by-step guides to make use out of all the learning activities.
- USA made
- 3+ years
- recyclable and sustainable
- Creative and Artistic with loads of learning activities
- Real gems and stones
- User manual and guide
Insect Lore Original Butterfly Garden
This growing kit helps toddlers appreciate the beauty that nature has to offer, which can be seen when a caterpillar turns into a butterfly.
The box comes with all that is needed to watch them up close and personal, which includes complete step-by-step guidelines.
This does not come with the caterpillars and will need to ordered separately, but it’s well worth for a once in a lifetime experience.
- Waterproof shell made of PVC, mesh habitat and 11.5 inches tall
- Up and close transformation
- Feeding instruction with pipette
- Raise your own butterflies
- Set you buttery free activity
- Ages 3 years old +
Cubelets SIX robot blocks
Cubelets are a fun way to get your kids thinking outside the box and become future think-tanks that pave the way for science to unfold.
They case their idea on robotics and they aim to teach the fundamentals for constructing robots. This teaches the design and complex systems for taking the tiny cubes to making huge robotic designs.
This is really easy to handle and with a convenient charger and micro USB cable, this can be used throughout the day.
- There are over 500 robots to make
- Magnetic faces for unique cubelet’s
- 16 different cubelets possibilities
- Ideal and children 4 years old to 15 years +
- The dimensions are 4 x 4 x 4 inches and easy to handle and use
- No assemblage and is really safe for kids to use
Droid Inventor Kit – Star Wars Theme
This is an excellent science kit for older kids and teenagers. You child will love building their very own Star Wars-themed droid with this fun and educational set. It includes everything your child needs to build and operate their very own droid, and can be customized in any way they choose.
There is an app available for iPhone and Android which can be downloaded and used to teach the droid new skills. The app can also be used to set the droid Star Wars-based missions. This product is great for encouraging your kids to be creative and use their imaginations, giving their droid its own unique personality.
The droid can be dismantled and put back together in new, different ways giving your child endless possibilities. This kit is compatible with other kids from littleBits, meaning you can combine them to give even more fun opportunities. The droid can be controlled via a remote control available on the app, or it can be set to self-navigation mode. Your kids will be amazed to see their creation roll around the room by itself without crashing into any objects in its path.
- Offers different operating modes
- Endless possibilities to create your own personalized droid
- No adult help or assembly required
- Compatible smartphone app allows more features to become available
- Ideal for kids aged 8 and above
- Dimensions are 16 x 12 x 6 inches
- Weighs 4 pounds
- Includes battery
Kids First The Human Body Kit
The anatomy of the human body is fascinating and this science kit makes learning about it very easy and fun.
This kid’s first kit uses the five senses to experiment with and finds out where each body part it.
The box comes with a fingerprint game to help learn about the uniqueness of each person. There is also a stethoscope to check the heartbeat and find out more about how blood works
This really teaches the fundamentals of biology and how the human body works. This is a step by step guided kit for experimenting with a hands-on approach, which is great for young children at school.
- Explores the anatomy in an easy step-by-step way
- Smell memory games
- Test lung capacity game
- Blindfold game which tests you tongue
- Magic telescope
- Explores the human body and then focuses on muscles, skeletons with anatomical visuals.
- Experiments using the 5 senses
- Equipment and tools for learning, stethoscope, manual, booklet and loads of easy to use tools
- Ideal for ages 5 and above
The Magic School Bus Chemistry Lab
Chemistry is a tough subject and this game does very well in making this a fun. By making learning creative they have combined the popular “magic school bus” series into an activity to teach young kids.
They will learn to use some of the fundamental beginnings of lab work that kids would eventually do at school, but this will help get them ahead of the class.
- Litmus paper handling
- Test and measure pH levels
- Create slime
- They learn about volcanoes and how to make a milk rainbow
- Loads of activities
- 51 colorful cards
- Notepad for keeping track of experiments
- Miss Fizz to assist each step of the learning process
ROCK ON! Geology Game with Kit
This is a cool way for kids to learn about earth treasures from a geological perspective.
There are loads of specimens and each is highly polished and make the rocks come to life with individual names and identification guides.
This is a game that includes tests will they learn and is ideal for elementary and early developers.
- 15 specimens
- 60 colorful rocks and minerals
- Educational Game for up to 6 players
- Made in the USA
- Easy to handle and Stem-based
- Ages 5+
- An easy game where you need to collect 6 horizontal cards and then aim to uncover all your rocks, which is educational and fun.
Experiments kits for kids aged 6 years and older
There is a difference for children and below you will find some of the best science experiments for children that the current market has to offer. Each one is filled with fun ways to explore concepts and scientific ideas that are usually not accessible to a kid. Each one has been designed with careful planning and that is why these are the best for children aged between 6 – 8 years. There is everything from weird and funny experiments to more focused and fascinating one, but each is special with the thinking behind it that let’s get the kids learning in a fun and innovative way. The educational benefits for children enjoying learning have the ability to transform the world and create a better way of understanding education as w whole.
Scientific Explorer Magic Science Kit for Wizards Only
Loads of activities for little wizards wanting to learn about all the magic behind science and with this kit they can figure out some fun ways to make colorful potions and more.
There are 9 activities in total and each highlights a chemical reaction to something. The Hocus Pocus can be fun when frothing, foamy and color-changing potions come to life.
This comes with a few test tubes and wants to help add the excitement to the game for children with a wild and fun imagination.
- Make glow in the dark potions
- Use elements such as; citric acid, vegetable oil and make potions.
- Stickers and paper to make the activity guided
- 12 color tablets
- 1 small scoop
- Easy to use instructions
- 6 years old +
Sick Science Slick Tricks
This is a science kit with a kick and makes 9 cool experiences come to life with learning activities about how the center of gravity works and loads more.
This helps get the kids learning about problem-solving and encourages thinking like a scientist would.
Try the root beer trick that involves genie-like magic and all that’s needed is some short rope and the ancient tricks comes to life.
- Stop and Go pendulum for learning about the art of deception and increasing one’s own perception
- Learn to suspend water and defy the laws of gravity with a cool experiment that uses surface tension to create an illusion
- STEM initiative and highly endorsed by parents and teachers alike
- Easy to use manual and the equipment is safe
- Appropriate for kids aged 6+ years old
Sick Science Fast Physics Kit
Another Sick Science game that uses 9 physics principles and brings them to life. Kids will learn to use potential and turn it into kinetic energy. This is combined with other concepts like gravity and acceleration to begin unfolding complex ideas into manageable step-by-step lessons.
There are all the fundamentals for making Newtons laws come to light with easy to apply and with the educational insights for kids to spectate and demonstrate.
- Newtons beads game and activity
- Pendulum catch that makes the magic hex nut trick
- Releases activity with a popsicle stick
- 9 science experiences
Mega Crystal Growing Lab
kids.nationalgeographic.com/ have created an amazing game to turn crystals into glowing rocks. They glow in all sorts of colors and are fascinating to watch.
This is an easy way to start showing kids how the natural world is stunningly beautiful and has mysterious beauty.
There are loads of collectable gemstones and with this kit, you can watch them light up and shine brightly from the comfort of your home.
- Award-winning science toy with millions of parents agreeing
- 5 real gemstones included – calcite, fluorite, amethyst, geode, rose quartz
- 4 silicone chambers that you can watch them grow in
- Different colors from – yellow, blue and loads more too
- Nightlight display as each rock glows
- Dr Toy’s seal of approval and Alumni award
Thames and Kosmos Chemistry Set Science Kit
This ‘Kids First’ activity box set is a guided experiment to get the fun back into learning, which is essential when the little ones are struggling with chemistry.
This slowly introduces different concepts and chemical components like carbon dioxide and allows the invisible effects to be the highlight.
- 48 pages of guided instruction which are all in color
- hands-on with 25 guided experiments
- Explore the complex chemistry in an easy to understand way
- Helps identify different compounds and chemicals
- For children aged 8 years old and over
Break Open Real Geodes Kit
There are many fun ways to get your children into natural science and Geodes are one way. This starter kit has 4 unique and fascinating ways to get discovering the mystery inside the earth crust.
Geodes are natural and a wonder to many who like to collect, but even as a one-off this is a great way to get kids thinking.
This is fun and the breaking aspect always makes things interesting for those that need some initial enthusiasm.
- Stunningly beautiful geodes with crystals inside waiting to be found
- Break-open and find two unique and wondrous crystals inside with gem-like properties
- STEM toys make science fun and this is another kit for bringing the magic into learning
- Includes geodes, guides, booklet, goggles and loads more in the box
- Helps start the rock collection and can be added to later on for pack expansion and collectors go crazy for these
- Ideal for the slightly older children aged 8 years and over
- Home-schooling is a good method and using activities like this make being a stay at home mom easier with everything included in the box
Scientific Explorer Tasty Science Kit
This Kids tasty science experiments go down a treat, especially when they are edible. You can test your child’s culinary skills with learning activities and eat them afterward.
This scientific explorer shows how cakes rise and why soda pop makes that fizz. This combined with all the food flavorings, sprinkles and food coloring’s makes this fun for a combined effort for child and parent bonding.
- Tasty experiments
- Contains inside 12 baking cups, litmus paper, and 4 test tubes
- Learn about cooking and make awesome treats
- Activity guide and easy to use instructions
- Recommended for 8 years old and older
Big Bag Of Science
This is a bag fully loaded with over 70+ scientific learning activities that make humor and education come together.
This comes with loads of equipment and features a large array of materials which combine to make fascinating experiments.
There is everything from witty experiments where you have to figure out why a diaper is so absorbent and even learn why a magnet and compass are important.
- Step-by-step instructions
- Over 70 experiments with humor content
- The box includes powder and weird goo-like material
- Magnifying glass, test tubes and loads of educational instruments to make it fun
- Instant snowmaking powder which the lab-book shows how to make
- 8+ years
4M Rocket Race Car Kit
This is an experiment to make the child’s imagination run wild with excitement and wait to you see the anticipation build.
You will get to see the bottle fly at surprising speeds and will make a rocket out of an old bottle. Every child at some stage wanted to make a rocket to go to the moon and this rocket racer is as close as they might get to the real thing.
- Uses water and air to propel the rocket at speed that’s awesome fun
- Eco-friendly and from recycled waste
- Rocket car with all the kit contained in the box
- Helps teach and get your kids to learn about green energy
- Detailed instructions that make the step-by-step guide into the next member for NASA
- 4M design and their toys and kits are always top-notch
- Combines the arts and crafts with hard-core science
- 8 years old and older, but is safe with younger with adults supervision
4M Eco Science Toys
Learning how to use everyday household items and make them environmentally friendly is a fantastic lesson for all children to learn.
Green science is a leading brand and makes excellent toys and learning kits for kids. Contained in this box is how children can take everyday items and use them in a way that reduces waste and help promote a recycling mindset.
The activities are varied and the booklet makes this a step by step guide to finding how this can complex area of concern made really easy if you focus on the fun surrounding it.
- Make 7 different toys each with unique experiences.
- Watch how they can get a robot to walk or a tornado to form
- Use some household items to make the magic science begin
- color book with loads of illustrations and guides through each stage of the process
- Packed and loaded with science facts and figures
- There are also other kits from the same brand “green science” like; weather station, windmill Generator, green rocket and dynamo torch.
- 8 years and up
Robotics MOSS Exofabulatronixx 5200 Model Kit
This is for the kids that love tech and science who also want to make the robots for the future.
This is designed to get your child thinking like a robotics engineer and with the double brain block, they are well equipped to begin the long road ahead in learning how to make robots.
This is a unique gift and for those parents wanting something where the imagination is set free to explore creation with a little guidance then this is the bit of kit they can rely on.
- Connects to iOS and Bluetooth with devices like Android
- MOSS designed and made, which are a leading robotics toy manufacturing company
- Steel spheres and a well-constructed model kit, which lasts the test of time
- The combination of joints, hinges and a strong construction has developed this into an excellent robust kinematic toy.
- The pack includes 140 steel spheres, MOSS blocks totaling 52, which can make loads of combinations that produce unique robots.
- For children aged 8 years and older
4M Weather Station Kit
Kids get to learn about weather and observe the conditions around them through a systematic set of tools and principles. This takes happenings from around the home and sheds wisdom of how the weather can be observed and then used for other purposes.
This is a unique toy full with educational tools to measure local conditions and weather. This is ideal for parents with children that enjoy learning about nature and like to spend time in the greenhouse already.
- The box includes anemometer, rain gauge, and thermometer
- Uses recycled bottles and turns them into a terrarium to see the effects on plants
- The 4M brand has an ethical stance and likes to produce science kits to help make the world more environmentally conscience
- Fun way to learn and brings together complex ideas in an easy instructions guide
- Teaches about climate change and how to track weather patterns and rain
- Recommended for 8 years and older kids
Disgusting Gags and Pranks Science Kit
Science pranks and funny gags are some of the best ways to get kids into having fun and learning. Science explorer makes educational toys and experiments with the fine line that sometimes happens back at the labs downtown.
There is loads of laughs and giggles to be had with this kit, which is filled with loads of gross and disgusting gags that make people horrified into concern. There is a capsule to fill your mouth with blood and another one to pretend you’re finger is cut off.
- Loads included with 12 funny pranks to try out on an unsuspecting parent
- Itchy powder gag
- Turn drinks solid prank
- Foam and spill gag that will make things seem outrageously funny for the kids
- Includes; rubber bands, washer, dice, gelatin capsules and various safe to use chemicals
- Designed for 8 years old +
SmartLab Toys Ultimate Secret Formula Lab
This comes with an experimental station to begin exploring 40 experiments that need a little scientist to use and take control with.
The Smart-Lab have taken the basic of chemistry and created a game that looks great and highlights ways subjects like this can be fun to learn about.
There is loads of tools and equipment for them to begin learning and using. This has been designed for children and although some of the chemical sounding names can be confusing this is very safe and easy to use.
- This includes test tubes, cylinders, snap clips, calcium chloride and loads of laboratory tools and devices for using.
- Easy to use and follow booklet with step-by-step instructions.
- STEM-Focus design with excellent attention to detail at a great price
- The station is a good size and can house 40 unique experiments
- Kids 8+ is recommended by the manufacturers
Microscope Kit and Storage Case
Balance Living produces quality microscopes and this all-in-one kit is ideal for children who like to explore and appreciate the smaller things in life.
This introduces science in a fun and friendly way with easy to use slides, which get the creative exploratory ideas flowing.
This has large magnification lenses can zoom in on objects that are very small, which combined with the 2AA battery light design makes this easy to carry and use.
- A magnification of 120x all the way to 1200x with 3 power objective
- 5 prepare and unique slides
- 7 blanks slides for using and experimenting with
- Comes with dissection tools and instruments for preparing each slide
- Batteries included and over 50 science accessories
- Eosin dye, containers, slide covers and needles for preparing specimens
- Helps children understand the different microorganism and their composition
- Designed for kids over 8 years old and over
Magnetic Science Kit
This magnetic game is full of fun ways to learn about magnetism through games and educational activities.
The magnet is powerful enough to make the experiments perform and do things most others wouldn’t.
There are games that involve racing, dangling things and yachting with a compass. Each activity is designed for children 8 years and older, but the hands-on style really suits a wide range age.
- Fishing games included
- Mysterious Dangler
- Magnet racing
- Everything you’ll need for testing and comparing magnetic strength
- 10 fun experiments
- Magnetic sculpture games
- Superpower magnet wand
Experiments kits for kids aged 9 years old to 13 years
Children aged 9+ start to want more detailed experiments and activities, which shows they are ready to begin real-science. Whether they have interests in physics, chemistry or robotics there is always something to get them started on their way. Some tops are harder than others and make sure you read all the features and facts so that you find the ideal gift for your child.
There are some well-known brands in the production of scientific games, box set and kits and Thames & Kosmos are one that does create some of the best. They are a German producer and make sets that are easy to follow and fun for testing with. Make sure to read which ones are and you will be very happy with them.
Physics Pro (V 2.0)
Thames & Kosmos are a brand that creates and produce many experiments for kids. They aim to educate and make science enjoyable through experimental games and activities.
This is a physics kit with 212 parts in total and explores topics like air and water resistance. This is the beginning before moving into complicated physics like; hydraulics, energy, and pneumatics.
This physics pro kit gets your child to build and explore hydraulic and pneumatic mechanics by building a machine. The models are easy to use, but still challenging enough, which is why they get the kids to build a wind tunnel and hydraulic lift.
- 25 models
- 18 unique experiments
- manual with 96 pages of helpful tips and guides
- 10 years old and up
LEGO Mindstorms Robot Kit
There is always a time when the scientific community uses intelligent AI to their advantage and with the scientific programming, children can use their knowledge now to begin to design their future.
By creating and commanding your child will slowly begin to understand the language of the programmer and with every bit of technology governed by this, it’s a good thing to try to learn about.
This slowly takes and guides the user to a place where they can combine the science with art to produce and fully functioning robot.
- Intelligent EV3 design with a processor that is powerful enough to move and control the functions of the robot
- 3 motor setting and remote control so things can get exciting for what is possible
- App availability and iOS too so this can be used with tablets and other devices
- 5 robots included and easy to use Apps for expanding this toy
- Infrared sensors and 4 motor ports for connecting to the robot, which is through a WiFi connection of your choosing
- Compatible software and easy to use programs for kids
- Age 10 +
Thames & Kosmos CHEM C3000 Kit
A great unique chemistry set that is designed to advance kids understanding of the complexity that surrounds this field of science
This contains within the box 103 unique pieces of lab equipment to be able to make things look fascinating, which is great for young enthusiastic kids to start taking chemistry and science seriously.
There are loads of ways to start experimenting and finding out new and cool facts. There is a total of 333 experiments that can be done with combining different chemicals and this helps make the Chem C3000 last more than just a day’s activity.
- Secure storage box for all the various supplies
- 333 unique and cool experiments
- 192 pages with detailed experiments for a step-by-step guide to help many and produce safe lab work
- 103 lab components and devices
- Hands on approach with safe to use chemicals for children aged 12+ years old and over
Nanotechnology kit by Thames & Kosmos
The smallest things in life are sometimes the most fascinating and with this experimental nano kit the kids can look at tiny structures that most would never stop to think about or appreciate.
There are nano-particles in everything and they are used in everyday life. With this boxset, they can begin to find and uncover the nanoscopic world.
- 72 pages of manual that are easy to follow and in full color
- 60 unique pieces for discovering who the nano-world operates
- 41 different experiments for testing with
- Board game included for extra fun and helps interconnect the principles with practical hands-on use
- Use and finds out about 5 topics; secrets of the gecko, water attraction and how it also repels, suspended particles and each one is different and makes the imagination ponder.
- Manufacturing guidelines are for 15+ years, but some use and play as soon as they hit their teens
Considerations when choosing a Science Kit for a Child
There are many different considerations and some more obvious than others. I will highlight some ways to ensure you find the ideal experiment gift set for a child or someone’s else’s.
All the experiments have been carefully selected and adhere to the Consumer Product Safety Commission known as the CPSC. These kits are as safe as can be and you can be rest-assured that each one has been carefully picked to be ideal for each particular child’s age.
Technique and systematic learning
Each branch of science has it’s own teaching and studying methods, which is why learning with guidance refines their kids to learn in an approach that makes them more knowledgeable in the long run.
Combine theory and practical application has always been a preferred method for advancing and refining, which is why scientific discoveries continue to happen. The manuals in these science kits have a step-by-step guidance approach with book learning that makes information easy to learn, just like a classroom.
There is a clear line between experimenting with a homemade science kit and one that is paid for. I like both, but it is easier for children to use and be left to their own devices with the kits that come boxed up. These have all the equipment needed, usually labeled and comes with clear, distinctive and easy to use manuals for conducting the experiment.
The tools and apparatus are unique to each kit and will some having as many as 300+ gadgets and materials they can get really interesting. There is things to setup each experiment and store away when finished.
Each experiment is different and comes with unique magical properties for learning, but the general rule is fewer liquids come with box sets for children aged 5 and under. Therefore the same rules should be applied when making from home, so keep safety high and risk low and keep the fun going.
There is a wide range of prices and considerations about what the best science kit is can sometimes be hard at face value, which is why we have reviewed each and highlighted the cost of each. There are certain kits that cost more than others and some of the most expensive ones are usually the robotics and chemistry kits.
The premium These can be in excess of $200 and pricey for those wanting to have fun, while others might see this as a small price to pay for their child’s learning and development. There are much cheaper and budget experiments under $30, so make sure to find the right one with the affordable price tag.
There is a wide range of price and quality, which is normally reflected on each other and the higher the price the better the quality. However, kids are surprisingly happy with what they get and if the budget is low to make sure you’re enthusiasm is high. Kids love when you get involved and make the science magic happen, so ideally get enthusiastic.
Choosing the right science kit for your child
There is an importance for the continual improvement and refinement for all biochemists, biologists, pharmacologists and America has a long history of scientists that have paved the way for us today. Famous inventors and scientists like Alexander Graham Bell who invented the telephone are one of many who has created something from nothing, while all others ponder some create. Maybe you have a little Einstein in the making…
I believe all children have the potential to be the next latest and greatest scientific inventor, but they just need to get things started. Holistic learning and hands-on approaches to teaching complex ideas make the difficult a lot less so. Absorbing information and fine-tuning their ability to sit and focus on one project will help set the foundation for them to become able to learn in a coherent and disciplined way, while also being fun.
Sometimes classroom learning leaves out the fun and resources and funding limit the options, especially with crowded classrooms. This is why here we aim to highlight the importance of one to one teaching and a good student comes usually from a patient teacher. Wisdom and guidance combined with excellent equipment could save lives in years to come and what seed is planted today with creating the foundation for life to come in the future.
There are many different types of children’s scientific equipment and learning activities and here we will review some of the best and feature the highlights and reasons to choose one over the other. Some like to use home-made diy type science activities and others prefer the box sets that come all prepared. Both are fantastic and we applaud the parent willing to spend the time going through kitchen worktops and cupboards to make learning enjoyable for their kids.
Some of the science kits and experiments that we will explore in detail are ones that range in ages from 3 years old to 15 years old because certain ones require more technical ability and young children need to be safe. Below are some of the main considerations when deciding which is best for your child.
We have categorized by age to make things really easy when deciding which type of experiment kit to go for and start experimenting with. There is everything from geology rock experiments, ocean discovery kits, volcano boxed experiments, butterfly and insect garden kits, robotics activities and kits, human biology box sets and chemistry sets that bring the obscure into light making learning loads of fun and super exciting for everyone involved. These mentioned are only in the 3 years old and over a section, but we also have a 6 years old and above, because we understand the capabilities of children. The section for 8 years old and above come under one section to help make a clear distinction.
There are loads of different brands that specialize in creating and making kids science experiments and here we have chosen the best of the bunch and created a clear winner with each age and type.
There is a total of 10 activity kits in the 3 to 5 year old’s section in this review and each one is different, covering various areas of scientific inquiry, from deep volcanic elements to the human anatomy of the human body.
This is one of the most important aspects of any experiment and one that needs to be thought of thoroughly. Most of the time this is simply making sure you have checked the manufacturing guidelines and not mistakenly misread the 3 years old sign as an 8.
There are 10 steps that help keep the experiments safe:
- Don’t touch what isn’t meant to be unless instructed. (this is rare)
- Make sure an adult is around or it is safe for experimentation all alone.
- Follow instructions and guidelines.
- Don’t eat or drink around the experiment, because drinks can sometimes get mixed up with all the excitement.
- Keep hands away from mouths if using chemicals, products or solutions. Eyes are sensitive and if you need to rub them wash hands.
- Unused chemicals should never be put into the bottle it originally comes from, which is taught to older children at high-school.
- Must use, is required to, goggles, coats, gloves and any safety wear to ensure you and your children are protected.
- Clean equipment like; beakers, test tubes and anything that might have a crack in it.
- There isn’t any hot apparatus use in the kits and science games in this review, but it’s ideal to make sure if you’re choosing to copy one online then follow strict safety precaution steps.
- Call the emergency services straight away if anything goes wrong. However these are all well-tested and very safe for the ages provided by the manufacturers, so rest assured this is only a formality, but it is good to be safe and start young with proper preventative measures. After-all, what you start now will set the example for what they grow up to be.